Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25

​Prompt Response: Clustering is useful by creating different evidence to support ones stance on the prompt, and then write down commentary ideas that proves the evidence and strengthen your stance. It is useful as it helps you get a rough draft of what your essay is going to be made up of and helps you organize your thoughts.  Personally the most useful part of the clustering process would be connecting my ideas to my subtopics as I tend to either repeat the same ones over and over aging or mix them up. I do think that I would use this when planning an AP Lang essay in the future as it really helped organize our class ideas, which I think it would do for me too when working independently. 

Summary: Today in class we learnt about clustering, took notes together as a class, and had a class discussion. 

Reflection: I learned what clustering was and how helpful it could be for organizing one's thoughts. I also learned how to apply it when writing an essay. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29