Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response. 8/12

 Prompt response: One argument I wished ended differently happened recently between me and my dad. My dad was giving me and my cousin a ride to school last week, and I had just bought a new red shirt that happened to show a bit of my stomach. This made my father angry, and we started arguing about it. My goal was to convince him that I have the right to ware whatever I want too, because it’s my body, so it’s my choice. But he responded by saying that as long as I lived under his roof he had a say in the matter, and forced me to go back inside and change. Something I would have done differently, that was in the book, is that I would have caved in the argument to "give him a point", so that I could have won the argument. 

Summary: Today we read 3 chapters of the book Thank You For Arguing, learnt about real life scenarios, and wrote down notes.

Reflection: I enjoyed the book as it was interesting and I found it a bit humerus. I found it interesting how different tenses, like the present, past and future, work the best with different arguments about values, blame, and or choices, depending on what your goal is. And that is something that I will try to think about when debating/ arguing with someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25