Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why? 8/11
The last time I tried to persuade someone to believe me about something was this afternoon when I was at my family friend's birthday party. I was talking to one of the moms of the kids and she stated that acrylic nails, that you get at the salon, last longer then press on nails. And I said that press on nails can last just as long if you apply them right, and we started arguing about it. To convince her I used ethos by showing her my own press on nails, and informing her that they have been on for 3 weeks, and that I've been doing my own nails for the past 3 years. Also by telling her that I've tried acrylic, gel and press on nails, and that press on nails work the best for me as I get the same results for a fraction of the price. In this scenario Ethos was the best rhetorical appeal for the situation, as through proving my credibility and results, she ended up believing me and I ended up winning the argument.
Summary: Today we presented our "Origin of my name" assignment in front of the class.
Reflection: I really enjoyed this assignment, not just because I got to talk about the origin of my name. But because I found it interesting to hear about the origin of my classmates names.
Comments
Post a Comment