What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work. 8/18

Prompt response: The most creative thing I've ever made was for a school assignment. I created my own future city called Pantea, based on trying to create my own sustainable city. The concept is called sustainable development and was a recuierd assignment that all 8th graders at my school had to do. My city only had apartments to maximize space usage. It was also run by all renewable energy they came from the solar panels on 70% of all apartment roofs, and the rest of the roofs had ecological rooftop systems to help urban cooling and to help wildlife. And that is only some of the things that made my city so creative. My city is probably the most creative thing that I've made because it challenged me to think about the issues in society that are not sustainable, to try to find a solution.  

Summary: Today we went through the SPACECAT sheet and the meaning of every letter and how to apply it to a speech by President Trump. 

Reflection: In today's lesson we learnt about the SPEDCAT sheet, and applied it to Trump's Border Control speech. Reading the speech, even though I don't agree with what Trump is saying, I found myself being compelled by the way that he spoke. This made me realize that even the worst messages can be compelling if they are presented right. And that is something that I will take with me and use in my argumentative writing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25