Write about something that you believed as a child 8/14

 Prompt response: Something I really believed in as a child was that the tooth fairy actually existed. When I was a child I used to eat a lot of sugar and used to give my parents a hard time about brushing my teeth. That lead to me losing my teeth earlier than everyone else in my grade, which made me really sad. So to cheer me up my parents always talked about the tooth fairy, and how she would leave me money in exchange for my tooth. My favorite part about losing my teeth was finding a dollar under my pillow where my tooth was the night before, it was magical. All for me to find out from my sister at age 10, that it was my parents putting the money under my pillow all along. 

Summary: Today we learnt about the different types of claims and we worked in finishing the work sheet.

Reflection: I learnt that every argument needs a claim that is arguable, and that there are different kinds of claims. Something that I will take with me and use in real life is knowing the differences between the claims as that they are called. This is important to know when I write my own argumentative essay, and when arguing with someone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25