After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph. 9/16
Prompt Response: During today's lesson I had multiple takeaways that I will apply to my own writing. But one of the most important ones for me is how to write my commentary, as that has been something that I have struggled with. To know that my commentary is supposed to follow a specific format (Claim → Evidence → Commentary, explain the evidence and “SO WHAT” ) is really going to help me improve my writing. Another takeaway that I have is the use of sophisticated language, and how the use of the new college board vocabulary can elevate an essay and give you a point when grading. Overall, I am thankful that I learned a lot!
Summary: Today we went over what a good and bad essay looks like by reviewing multiple essays and scoring them based on the rubric.
Reflection: I learned how the most important thing is to write your essay based on the rubric, not what you think is best. And that college board wants to reward you for what you do well. I will use this when writing my essays on my AP exams.
Comments
Post a Comment