In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling? 9/22

​Prompt Response: Although I have been fortunate enough to have experienced that I truly belonged multiple times. One specific time was when I was at my confirmation camp surrounded with other Christians my own age. That was my first time feeling that I truly belonged with people my own age, as before that I didn't feel like anyone had the same values or morals as me. That made me feel truly relaxed, like I could just be myself and they wouldn’t judge me for it.

Summary: Today in class we had a substitute so we did not really learn anything, but we did do a common lit. 

Reflection: I learned that humans in fact need a sense of belonging to feel well. And how truly important it is for humans to get that, and that it is the same in many animals. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25