Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it 9/21

​Prompt Response: Even though I aspire to use all the words from the vocabulary this week in the future. One word that really stood out to me was cosmopolitan, which can be used to describe a person who is diverse and comfortable with many different cultures and countries. I think this will be a word that would be the most useful to me as this is a word that I want to describe in the future. I aspire to be a cosmopolitan woman when I grow up and that is one of my biggest goals in life. 

Summary: Today in class we learned about 15 new vocabulary collage board words and did activities related to them.

Reflection: I learned a bunch of new words that I can use to expand my vocabulary. This will be useful to me both in my day to day life as I have new words to pull from to make sure I describe something accurately, but also when writing my essays during the AP exams. As one of the points needed to get a 6/6 on a college board exam is a sophisticated vocabulary. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25