September 11th

​Prompt Response: Even though I was very young when Covid-19 happened I remember how quickly every day life changed and how uncertain and scary everything felt. As schools closed down all over the country, people started recurring social distancing, and everyone started staying home. I was scared something would happen to me and my family, but also scared of not knowing if everything would go back to normal. This helped me understand how Americans felt after 9/11. Even though these two major events are very different. I can relate to the fear of everyday life, just wondering what will come next, and the sudden changes made to everyday life. 

Summary: Today in class we wrote our blog posts, got feedback on our group paragraphs, and revised our paragraphs based on the criticism. 

Reflection: Today I learnt that not all criticism is good criticism, and that even though people think they are helping, do not trust them blindly. Not to say that this is always the case, because there is constructive criticism which can lead to improvements. This is something that I will take with me in both my writing and my life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25