Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing. 9/15

​Prompt Response: When I am completing an assignment usually I will skim over the rubric for key parts before I do it, but only if it is an important assignment. But if it is not an important assignment I will not look at the rubric. After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today I learned the importance of using the rubric when writing an essay, and how it gives you an outline of how the essay is supposed to look. I myself will use the rubric as a roadmap to improve my writing by incorporating every element that the rubric outlines in my writing instead of disregarding it. As I did before. 

Summary: Today we went over the rubric that will be used when we are writing our essays, and started drafting ideas for answers to our prompt. 

Reflection: I learned how teachers score essays. I also learned what the requirements for my essay were, and how the teacher is going to decide if I fulfilled them or not. I will use this when writing my essay next week. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25