Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric. 9/14
Prompt Response: One time where I completed an assignment without looking over the rubric was when I did an assignment in Literature last year. The assignment had instructions and a detailed rubric, but I chose to just follow the instructions and not look at the rubric. This caused me not to know the “ins and outs” of the assignment causing my grade to drop because of the bad grade I got in the assignment. By looking over the rubric together in class I learned the ‘ins and outs” of this rubric and how to apply it to my upcoming essay. I also learned that earning a ⅚ is more then possible for me.
Summary: Today we learned about how an introduction paragraph is supposed to look like, and how to write a thesis statement.
Reflection: I learned that a thesis statement is supposed to have your position + you claim. I will use this while writing my essay. I also learned where in an essay I should place my thesis statement.
Comments
Post a Comment