Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument? 9/18

​Prompt Response: One thing that I did not understand before that I do understand now about my commentary is the structure. I knew the outline of it, (Claim → Evidence → Commentary, explain the evidence and  “SO WHAT” ). But I did not understand how to actually apply it to my writing till now. This caused confusion for me when writing before, but after this lesson I finally understand how to apply it properly to my writing. I will use this knowledge when writing my AP Lang argumentative essay. I now feel confident in my ability to write a strong commentary and score well on my argumentative essay. 

Summary: Today we practiced how to write commentary, and how to incorporate the “So What” into it. 

Reflection: I learned how the structure of my commentary was supposed to look. I also learned what parts of the commentary that I struggled with and how to improve them.  I will use this when writing my essay on Wednesday. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe something you will never fully understand 8/24

Write about a conversation that changed you. 9/29

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain. 9/25